Website Kalele Care Services/Hale Makua Health Services
Caring for kūpuna, day in and day out
** This is an on-site position on Maui, remote work is not available.**
Are you looking to work for mission driven and passionate healthcare warriors like yourself? Looking to grow within an organization?
We are Ohana Pacific Health. We positively impact thousands of lives each year with the “Ohana Experience”, an organizational culture based on excellence and genuine care.
Hawaii’s largest, locally owned post-acute healthcare company.
Our vision is to transform how healthcare is provided throughout Hawaii.
Kalele Care Services was founded in 2020 by Ohana Pacific Health to address the complex healthcare needs of the community with an emphasis on assisting Kupuna to live longer and healthier independent lives. This position will be based on Maui.
Caring for kūpuna (elderly) is one of society’s most essential tasks, yet a fragmented health care system misses opportunities to ensure that our aging population is supported across the continuum of care. Kūpuna face daily challenges including chronic health issues, poverty, and access to food and social services. Our aim is to provide our kūpuna with care, support, and respect. Needs are supported through transition of care support, health education, chronic condition management, and social services assistance through a culturally relevant approach.
Support services are provided primarily in-person in the hospital and short term rehabilitation settings. In the community, services will be provided in person and telephonically, depending on patient preference and need. We are looking for compassionate, empathetic, and motivated community health navigators to join our team to support patients with navigating and accessing health and community services. Additional duties include:
- Identifies barriers when treatment goals or care plans are not met.
- Assists the patient in improved healthcare access and promotes patient knowledge of health and behavior change.
- Supports patients with community referrals and arranges for follow-up services.
- Collaborates in developing patient treatment goals related to personal wellness, access to care, engagement with health resources and services, and self-management of conditions.
- Responds to patient inquiries and assist patients with the completion of paperwork.
- Facilitates remote visits between patient and provider using telephone or video conferencing.
- Educates patients on care processes and provides counsel to reduce anxiety and fear.
- Identifies patient barriers to care such as financial barriers, transportation, insurance, and language barriers, and refers patients, as needed, to additional resources to support engagement in care.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to conduct in-person outreach on Maui, Hawaii
- Associates Degree in healthcare, business, communications, marketing, community health worker certificate, or nurse aide training preferred.
- Experience in healthcare or home health field; work with the geriatric population preferred.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Mission Driven Ohana & Dedicated Team Culture
Competitive pay and benefits
Ohana Pacific Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by federal or state law. Learn more: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement. Ohana Pacific Health participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more at: E-Verify
Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Acquisitions team.
To apply for this job please visit ohanapacific.prevueaps.com.