Website Department of Health
The Kauaʻi District Health Office is excited to announce an open position in our outreach team!
We are hiring a full-time Community Health Worker (CHW) who will focus primarily on populations historically underserved and experiencing health disparities on Kauaʻi. Candidates with language skills in addition to English are encouraged to apply.
As a CHW, your role is of a knowledgeable liaison between the community and the Department of Health and service providers. You will facilitate access to Department of Health services while improving the quality and cultural humility of service delivery that embraces diversity. Your role supports capacity building at the individual and community levels by increasing health knowledge and self-sufficiency through a range of activities such as outreach, engagement, health education, social support, and advocacy.
In this role, you will enjoy the most:
- the very rewarding feeling from making a positive impact in the same communities where you work, live, and play;
- making and cultivating professional relationships with community leaders;
- supporting and serving others’ empowerment by teaching evidence-based strategies to protect their health and prevent diseases;
- Learning about and working with many different cultures; and
- Working independently in community outreach while receiving support from and reporting to the program leads.
And you may find it challenging to:
- work with limited resources,
- follow slow-paced processes, and
- attend community events after office hours and weekends (occasionally).
We are looking for someone who enjoys teamwork, a supportive environment, and feels confident working independently while receiving support from and reporting to the program leads. This CHW position is an exempt, non-civil service, full-time, temporary appointment for in-person responsibilities. To download the application, please CLICK HERE.
If you have any questions about this role or want to meet the team you will be working with, please do not hesitate to reach out to Blanca.firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at (808)241-3564
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com